Legal Notices - The Lakeville Journal - 7-9-20
To Whom It May Concern: Notice is hereby given that on July 23, 2020 at 6:45 PM, by way of a Zoom meeting, the Canaan/Falls Village Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on the following application.
Consideration of Special Permit application for the establishment of a Memorial Conservation Forest at 300 Music Mountain, Canaan/Falls Village, CT; at this hearing, interested persons may be heard and written communication received.
The Zoom meeting information will be available on the agenda which will be posted at Town Hall and Town web site.
Zoning Enforcement Officer
TOWN OF KENT
The first installment of the Real Estate, Personal Property and the Motor Vehicle tax for the Grand List of 2019 is due and payable July 1, 2020. The first installment of the Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicle tax for the Grand List of 2019 will become delinquent on Monday, August 3, 2020.
As soon as the tax becomes delinquent, it shall be subject to interest at the rate of 0.25% per month from the time such tax becomes due and payable until the same is paid on or before September 30th. For any July installment amounts due that remain unpaid as of October 1st, 2020, interest will be charged back to July 1st, 2020 at a rate of 1.5% per month.
Bills may be viewed on line by going to the Tax Collector’s page of the Town of Kent website at www.townofkentct.org.
The Tax Collector’s office will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday during the month of July. After August 3rd the hours are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Due to the Town Hall closure please make payments through the mail at P. O. Box 311, Kent, Connecticut 06757. There is also a drop box outside of the Town Hall where payments may be left. Credit cards are not accepted in the office but you may pay online by going to www.officialpayments.com.
Deborah Devaux CCMC
NOTICE OF SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
TOWN OF SHARON
JULY 16, 2020
ATTENDEES MUST WEAR MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCE
A Special Town Meeting of the Town of Sharon, Connecticut, will be held at the Sharon Town Hall, 63 Main Street, Sharon, Connecticut, on July 16, 2020 at 6:30p.m. for the following purpose:
To see what action the will take regarding the following:
1. To accept the Town of Sharon’s financial report for fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. Copies are available at the Town Hall and on the Town Website
2. To approve (retroactive) for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, regarding the following as approved by the Board of Finance:
a. To authorize the acceptance and expenditure of TOWN AID ROAD funds for the maintenance, construction and reconstruction of our Town roads and bridges;
b. To authorize expenditures of up to $8,800.00 from the Sharon Cemetery Fund;
c. To authorize the acceptance and expenditure of any state, federal or other funds or grants for educational purposes;
d. To authorize the expenditure of up to $1,000.00 in interest from the Virginia Brown Fund for Nature’s Classroom;
e. To authorize the acceptance and expenditure of any funds or grants for general municipal purposes;
f. To authorize expenditures not to exceed $250,720.00 from the Equipment Replacement Fund; and
g. To authorize expenditures of up to $5,000.00 from the 67 Main Street Account for general maintenance of that building
3. To adopt the proposed Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan, as approved by the Board of Finance. Copies are available at the Town Hall and on the Town Website
4. To approve an additional appropriation of up to $36,000.00 to the 2019-2020 budget Line Item 8a - Labor Counsel, out of the Undesignated Fund, as approved by the Board of Finance
5. To authorize an allocation of $100,000.00 from the Undesignated Fund balance to provide a reserve for any potential liability that the Town may have to pay on the Sharon Housing Authority promissory note from Eversource that the Town has acted as a grantor on as approved at the December 13, 2019 Town Meeting
6. To adopt a Revision to the Town Highway Construction Ordinance. Copies are available at the Town Hall and on the Town Website. Dated at Sharon, Connecticut, this 23rd day of June 2020.
Brent M. Colley
Casey T. Flanagan
NOTICE TO CREDITORS
CHRISTINE B. RANNEY
Late of Sharon
AKA Christine L. Ranney
The Hon. Diane S. Blick, Judge of the Court of Probate, District of Litchfield Hills Probate Court, by decree dated, June 11, 2020, ordered that all claims must be presented to the fiduciary at the address below.
Failure to promptly present any such claim may result in the loss of rights to recover on such claim.
The fidicuaries are:
Stephanie Dawn Ranney, Rafferty and Timothy J. Ranney, Sr.
c/o Beverley Rogers
Beverley Rogers Law Offices LLC
158 Danbury Road
Ridgefield, CT 06877
Beth L. McGuire