How to contribute? Become a Friend of The Lakeville Journal
2022 marks the 125th anniversary of The Lakeville Journal. The first issue was August 14, 1897; William McKinley was President. Spanning three centuries, The Lakeville Journal has been an enduring witness to events in northwest Connecticut and adjoining New York towns. That’s historic, especially since over 2200 newspapers in the US have shut down since 2005.
As one of the oldest weeklies in the country, we have survived. Times change, and we’ve changed with the times. The Lakeville Journal is now a non-profit institution, one of the first weekly newspapers in the country to make the transition.
As we look forward to our 126th year of publication and beyond, we will need to:
- • Preserve the tradition of grass-roots reporting on the people and events involved in local organizations vital to town life.
- • Hire more reporters. With new support the Journal can bring in reporters to cover important regional issues like Covid, drug abuse, Sharon Hospital, and climate.
- • Dig deeper into local issues, good news or bad. Take a closer look at the local controversies and the colorful characters involved in them in town government.
- • Expand digital presentation of local news reporting.
- • Advocate for full broadband access, to achieve optimal access to news and information for all.
How can you help? For $125 become A Friend of the Lakeville Journal and commemorate the Lakeville Journal’s role in our communities since its founding 125 years ago.
2022. The year to celebrate The Lakeville Journal’s history and plan its future. Together. Thank you for your continued support.
The Lakeville Journal Company, LLC
Any contributions made to The Lakeville Journal Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, will be tax deductible according to the law.
To donate by check, please mail to The Lakeville Journal Foundation, PO Box 1688, Lakeville, CT 06039.
To subscribe to The Lakeville Journal or The Millerton news go to https://tricornernews.com/subscriptions.
Other Ways To Contribute
Non-Cash Gift: Please consider a gift from an IRA, a Donor Advised Fund or a stock transfer.
Create a Legacy: Giving a gift to The Lakeville Journal Foundation through estate planning combines your legacy with ours.