Login

Family safe after Main Street fire

Firefighters responded to a house fire on Main Street, Falls Village, on Wednesday, Feb. 20. No one was injured in the blaze. Photo by Alexander Wilburn

FALLS VILLAGE — In less than 24 hours, community members came together to help a family whose house burned down on Main Street in Falls Village on the evening of Wednesday, Feb. 20.

The cause of the fire has not been revealed yet but it’s possible that a space heater started the blaze in the blue stucco house across the street from the Lee H. Kellogg School. 

The house is owned by Luke Mittaud, who inherited it from his father, Marc, and had done extensive renovations on the circa 1900 building. 

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.