Login

Small kitchen fire at Avocado Cafe

kaitlinl@millertonnews.com

MILLERTON — A fire broke out in the Avocado Cafe kitchen Thursday, May 18, resulting in its closure until further notice.

The cause of the fire was later determined to be the result of an employee turning on a valve behind the stove that should have remained off. A total of three employees were at the cafe when the fire took place. None was seriously injured.

Around 8 p.m. Thursday, Thompson Plaza owner Ken Thompson heard an employee react to the fire from the second floor, above the cafe. He went downstairs to the cafe to see what he could do.

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.