Login

Millbrook man electrocuted

arvolynh@millertonnews.com

MILLBROOK — Thursday, June 2, at around 5 p.m., Millbrook resident Edward Rochfort was electrocuted after attempting to extinguish a brush fire, which was caused when a downed tree fell on electrical wires, according to the New York State Police.

Rochfort came into contact with the downed energized wire in the town of Amenia, along Route 44. The incident occurred between West Lake Amenia Road and Smithfield Valley Road on DeLavergne Hill. Rochfort, 43, died at Vassar Brothers Hospital from injuries resulting from the incident.

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.