Login

Fire accident injures Washington resident

arvolynh@millertonnews.com

WASHINGTON — Matthew Rochfort was seriously injured in a bonfire accident Saturday, June 18. Rochfort attempted to light a pile of wood that had been unknowingly doused with gasoline.

When he lit the wood, it exploded. The incident occurred at his residence in the town of Washington. Emergency personnel were called to the scene and he was air-lifted to Westchester Medical Hospital.

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.